Topics Covered in the Iceland Photography workshop
• Storytelling in photography
• Waiting for the right moment to shoot
• Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
• How to get the most creative exposure
• Discussions on getting the correct exposure
• How to fine-tune exposure and use of histograms
• Depth of field
• White balance settings for changing environments
• Learning how to create dynamic compositions
• Composition balance and flow
Suggested Camera Gear List
• Digital SLR or Mirrorless Camera
• Wide-angle and Telephoto lenses are essential and whatever lenses you like (16mm-200mm recommended, Fast aperture lenses recommended for night photography workshops 1.4 to 2.8)
• Memory cards. (Enough to meet your shooting demands)
• A Hot shoe bubble level. (unless your camera has this option built-in)
• A Neutral Density Filter, to fit your widest lens. (3 stop, ND8 or Variable)
• A Polarizer filter.
• At least 3 fully charged batteries.
• A Shutter cable release, if you don’t use live view.
• A good sturdy tripod that you can lower to the ground if necessary.( Adjustable Ball head preferred)
• A small headlamp with fresh batteries
• A small collapsible cheap umbrella
• A couple of small and large Zip-Loc bags
• A compact digital camera (Just for back-up)
Included in Workshop
• Quality one on one photographic instruction geared to your level of expertise
• Minimum 8 hours per day of in-field shooting experience and instruction
• Small class size, maximum of 6 students
• An interactive learning environment with three experienced instructors
• Photoshop and Lightroom editing optional sessions in the evenings as time allows
• All transportation from the start to the end of the workshop
• All meals and lodging included in price during the workshop. Lodging is in clean comfortable guest lodges throughout the country.
Not Included in Workshop
• Food and lodging before and after the workshop dates are not included. Suitable hotels for the nights you would like to stay in Iceland outside of the workshop dates can be suggested at reasonable rates.
• Airfare and airport transfers are not included in the price