On our Central Coast California Photography Workshop – Morro Bay and beyond, we will help you explore photographically the beautiful beaches, and coastline of the Central Coast.
We will be exploring Morro Bay, Cambria and San Simeon and a short way up the Big Sur Coast. This area is filled with hidden gems and secret places. If you enjoy photographing picturesque harbors, colorful sunsets, hidden beaches, tide pools, and wildlife, this is the workshop for you! _____
Join us for 3 days in January of 2018 as we photographically explore Morro Bay,
Cambria and San Simeon and the Southern area of the Big Sur Coast.
From the beaches and hills of Cambria to the gateway to Big Sur, this getaway will give you a taste of this area of central coast. Our workshop will be based out of beautiful Cambria, CA. We will give you recommendations of where to stay once you sign up.
A maximum group size of 6 photographers ensures you will receive generous personal photographic coaching in the field from 2 full time working pros, providing a small group adventure experience.
In this 3-day workshop, we will work closely with you on your photography skills. We will have the opportunity to shoot landscapes, wildlife, macro photography and more. We will provide image critique and and Lightroom coaching as needed in the evenings. …Or this workshop can be your own personal exploration – we can be there as you need us.
A Chance to Explore Many Types of Photography
In this workshop, we will be concentrating on landscape photography skills for the hours of the warm morning and afternoon light. We will also have the opportunity to shoot wildlife, as the elephant seal colony in the area is very active. Very often we also spot whales, dolphin, sea otters and zebra. Zebra? Yes Zebra!
Central Coast California Photography Workshop – Morro Bay and Beyond
(Workshop commences in Morro Bay for get acquainted meeting and sunset shoot)
January 11 – 14, 2018
Thursday Evening through Sunday Mid-day
$799 Workshop Price
Purchase now to reserve your space.
We will send you lodging recommendations upon sign up.
One night in Morro Bay, 2 Nights in Cambria, CA
Please just click on the Buy Now button to register. All workshops are booked on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Be sure to be familiar with our Cancellation Policy before completing your registration. Please protect yourself for any unforeseen cancellations with affordable travel insurance. We area recognized provider for Travel Guard.
• Story telling in photography
• Waiting for the right moment to shoot
• Aperture, shutter speed and ISO
• How to get the most creative exposure
• Discussions on getting the correct exposure
• How to fine tune exposure and use of histograms
• Depth of field
• White balance settings for changing environments
• Learning how to create dynamic compositions
• Composition balance and flow
• Macro Photography
Suggested Camera Gear List
– Digital SLR or Mirrorless Camera
– Wide-angle and Telephoto lenses are essential and whatever lenses you like (16mm-200mm recommended,)
– Memory cards. (Enough to meet your shooting demands)
– A Hot shoe bubble level. (unless your camera has this option built in)
– A Neutral Density Filter, to fit your widest lens. (3 stop, ND8 or Variable)
– A Polarizer filter.
– At least 3 fully charged batteries.
– A Shutter cable release, if you don’t use live view.
– A good sturdy tripod that you can lower to the ground if necessary. ( Adjustable Ball head preferred)
– A small headlamp with fresh batteries
– A compact digital camera or cell phone camera (Just for back-up)
Included in Workshop
• Quality One on one photographic instruction geared to your level of expertise
• Minimum 6 hours per day of in-field
shooting experience and instruction
• Small class size of 6 students or less
• Interactive learning environment with two experienced instructors
Changes in route or schedule may occur at any time and is up to the discretion of Jansen Photo Expeditions. We are well versed in all the areas we cover in our workshops and itineraries may change to accommodate for unforeseen circumstances. Love nature? This is all part of it.
If you would like to explore more of the California Coast,
join us on our next Big Sur Workshop.
Be sure to be familiar with our Cancellation Policy before completing your registration.
Please protect yourself for any unforeseen cancellations with affordable travel insurance.
We are a recognized provider for Travel Guard.