During our Costa Rica Wildlife and Landscape Photography Workshop, we will be bringing you the best of Costa Rica in our small group photography workshop.
_ Are you interested in seeing Costa Rica’s rich culture, amazing wildlife, waterfalls, volcanos and rain forests?
Our Costa Rica Adventure gives you all of this and more…____f
Our 8 day, 7 night Costa Rica photography expedition is meant for landscape photographers and nature-goers who desire to photographically explore the best of Costa Rica and its raw beauty in a small group environment. This workshop is led by two experienced landscape photographers and a tour guide who has lived and traveled extensively in Costa Rica.
Join us for 8 days for a photo adventure of a lifetime as we explore Costa Rica starting in the amazing city of San Jose and exploring the natural areas, volcanos and rain forests in our small group Costa Rica photography workshop. This area of Costa Rica is a magical. You will be photographing high mountains, volcanos, waterfalls and forests teaming with birds.
In this 8-day Costa Rica photography workshop, we work closely with you on your photography skills as we travel the Central part of Costa Rica. In the evenings, we will provide image critique and and Adobe Lightroom editing coaching when we are not out capturing the landscape.
Our groups are limited to only 8 participants, guaranteeing you a quality interactive learning experience while photographing the incredible landscape of Costa Rica.
Costa Rica Wildlife and Landscape Photography Workshop
December 5 – 12, 2017
>>NOTE: REGISTRATION CLOSING SEPTEMBER 9/1/17<<
$4650 Per Person (Double Occupancy)
+ $1,000 for Single Occupancy
(Only 8 – 10 fellow photographers on this small group workshop)
Deposit $2120 to hold space for Workshop
4 Spots Remaining!
Extend your trip for an additional 5 Days on the Osa Peninsula.
Home to The peninsula is home to at least half of all species living in Costa Rica.
Thanks to its remote location, guests can view tropical wildlife such as giant iguanas, colorful birds, alligators, coatis, and howler monkeys
from the comfort of their cabin or the open-air restaurant.
$500 deposit required to hold space for Osa Extension
CONTACT US for more details
OR CALL (805) 701-8807
If you have questions you can call us at (805) 701-8807 or email us at [email protected]. All workshops are booked on a first-come-first-serve basis. Be sure to be familiar with our Cancellation Policy before completing your registration. Price includes instruction materials and field guidance, lodging, food and transportation. (All nights except for night before workshop and night after workshop.) Can’t make this scheduled workshop? Contact us for a private or special group rate tour.
Please protect yourself for any unforeseen cancellations with affordable travel insurance.
We are a recognized provider for Travel Guard.
Locations visited on this workshop include:
La Paz Waterfall Gardens
La Fortuna waterfall
Rio Celeste National Park
Night tour of the Cloud Forest
Our workshops give you a hands on approach, providing you with the type of feedback you are looking for or leave you to be creative and come back to us for help when you need it. We have clients that shoot both their digital SLR or their iPhone / Smartphone. We provide instruction in both genres of photography.
• Story telling in photography
• Waiting for the right moment to shoot
• Aperture, shutter speed and ISO
• How to get the most creative exposure for the situation
• How to fine tune exposure and use of histograms
• Depth of field
• White balance settings for changing environments
• Learning how to create dynamic compositions
• Composition balance and flow
• Working with your creative vision from concept to post processing
• Shooting with post processing in mind
Included in Workshop
• Quality one on one photographic instruction geared to your level of expertise
• Minimum 8 hours per day of in-field shooting experience and instruction
• Small class size, maximum of 8 students
• Interactive learning environment with two experienced instructors
• Photoshop and Lightroom editing optional sessions in the evenings as time allows
• Portfolio Review – Bring your 5 best shots on your laptop
• All transportation from the start to the end of workshop
• All meals and lodging included in price during workshop. Lodging is in clean comfortable guest lodges throughout the country.
• Air fare and airport transfers are not included in the price
Be ready for early mornings and late evenings. Sunrise in Costa Rica during our workshop is 5:30am and sunset around 5:45pm. The best light for a photography workshop is always early morning and late afternoon. Depending on the location and weather, sometimes a sunset or sunrise photo shoot isn’t possible, so be flexible. In our workshop, if the weather or conditions are bad, we will offer instruction on photo editing programs or find another location as an alternative.
Part of a great photography workshop is instructors who will not only help you with the basic settings on your camera, but will also help you with creative concepts and help you create intentions for your shot. Only experienced photography workshop leaders like ours can give you that type of instruction.