The Channel Islands National Park Photography Workshop held on Anacapa Island or Santa Cruz Island offers some of the most amazing geologic and natural features found only here. This location offers the most varied image capture options for the photo enthusiast.
From numerous whale and dolphin sightings in the Santa Barbara Channel to breathtaking cliffs and a classic light house, these compact environmentally sensitive islands offer so much for the creative eye.
Channel Islands National Park Photography Workshop
Anacapa or Santa Cruz Island
To arrange for your private workshop
SPECIAL NOTICE: BOAT SPACE IS LIMITED FOR THESE WORKSHOPS.
All full size camera digital SLR and iPhone participants welcome!
Note: Price does not inclued a $59 boat Transportation fee. Details provided at purchase.
If you have questions you can call us at (805) 701-8807 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to be familiar with our Cancellation Policy before completing your registration.
Price includes instruction materials and field guidance.
Does not include lodging, food or transportation.
You’ll have more the enough time to enjoy the islands during this one or two day photography workshop, along with 2 professional photographers to provide you with one on one support. Our group will travel a short 45 minute boat ride to your destination which is another world from the mainland. The boat leaves from Oxnard or Ventura, California dock depending on their schedule, leaving 9am and returning by 5pm. (Schedules may vary for the two-day option.)
• Story telling in photography
• Waiting for the right moment to shoot
• Aperture, shutter speed and ISO
• How to get the most creative exposure
• Discussions on getting the correct exposure
• How to fine tune exposure and use of histograms
• Depth of field
• White balance settings for changing environments
• Learning how to create dynamic compositions
• Composition balance and flow
Suggested Camera Gear List
• Digital SLR or Mirrorless Camera
• Wide-angle and Telephoto lenses are essential and whatever lenses you like (16mm-200mm recommended,
• Memory cards. (Enough to meet your shooting demands)
• A Hot shoe bubble level. (unless your camera has this option built in)
• A Polarizer filter.
• At least 2 fully charged batteries.
Included in Workshop
• Quality One on one photographic instruction geared to your level of expertise
• Small class size of 4 – 6 students
• Interactive learning environment with two experienced instructors
• A great time in a beautiful natural environment!
All our workshops will run rain or shine unless weather is determined to be intolerable by the workshop leaders and /or boat operators. If cancelled, this workshop will be moved to the following weekend or to the next available date, usually within a 4 week period.